A lot of water, wind and 27 million years has carved out the dramatic monument of Carnarvon Gorge. Hundreds of metres below the tableland of its protective basalt cap, I’m in my element getting survival tips from local elder, Fred Conway. I could feel the previous day’s 23 kilometre hike pull in my thighs as I bent [...]
Hundreds of Brisbane’s bravados and a few brave chicks donned budgie smugglers on Friday evening for a five-kilometer dash around they city for Young Care For those of you outside Oz, If you’re not familiar with the term “budgie smuggler”, strip off, put on a tight pair of Speedos and look in the mirror; you’ll get [...]
Just in case any of you outside the mining boom bubble of Oz are fed up with the triple dip recession and your generation “whys” are all grown up but still living at home draining the life savings out of you, I thought I’d cheer you up with some big news over here in Oz. [...]
We’re on the move again….. This time we’re off because our Landlord has decided to sell. So for now, we’re not going far…….just down the road. It’s all part of the nomadic, transient, expat and travel lifestyle we chose and love to live but change – albeit small – is upon us, [...]
I’m a bit of a bah-humbug when it comes to christmas cheer. As soon as I see the twin towers of mince pies strategically placed to ambush me at the supermarket entrance and plastic santa-etched wine glasses on special offer I think, “oh baubles, what a waste of money.” Image by Flowofwoe supplied under [...]
We must’ve really settled into the land of the laid back. “It’ll be alright, “we said setting off on our weekend bike ride. “It won’t hit for a few hours”. What? A few years back, we would’ve been battoning down the hatches and sitting on the sofa with cushions taped to our heads. As [...]
Spread the love…..LIKE Chronic adventures on Facebook
- Warning: Your Travel Blog Could be Under Serious Scrutiny January 10, 2013
- Can You Take Kick-Ass Photos With a Point and Shoot Camera? November 8, 2012
- The Trials of Australia’s Longest Bike Trail October 16, 2012
- The Squeaky Clean Secrets of Jervis Bay July 7, 2012
- Scary Storms and Super Cell Freaks: Never a Dull Day in Queensland November 28, 2012
- Owwwwww….. How to Feel Good With Arthritis May 15, 2013
- Deeper Travel: The Enchantment of Carnarvon Gorge April 22, 2013
- Young People Show Their Budgie Power For Young Care March 24, 2013
- The Best Job in the World is Back March 6, 2013
- Moving, Getting Rid and Letting Go February 28, 2013
- http://mishmashblog.wordpress.com/2007/02/12/stuff-thats-happened-since-my-last-post-volume-2: eszcie si? zatrzymali, blaszanym pudlem wstrz?sn??...
- Tracey | Chronic Adventures: I didn't know you had a accident Anita. So many p...
- Tracey | Chronic Adventures: Thanks Sarah, I really appreciate that and I hope ...
- sarah: great blog Tracey! from a person with chronic pain...
- Anita Mac: Love your attitude Tracey - you inspire me! My ac...
Follow @traceycroke on Twitter