This was our first holiday together. It’s a classic “look at us we’re somewhere exotic” cocktail shot of an era when Tom Cruise was nominated worst actor at the Golden Raspberry Awards for shaking his piña coladas across our screens and Yazz – along with her Plastic Population – told us “The Only Way is Up………… Baby”. [...]
A few bumps and scrapes is a small price to pay for an epic experience. That’s what I told myself sat in Adelaide airport on my saddlesore ass admiring my swollen toe and cut chins after cycling one of Australia’s great bike trails – the longest in Australia according to Bike South Australia. From the deep [...]
The first time I climbed in a hot country I didn’t think I’d survive. Chiang Dao was the first remote stop of our round-the-world grownup gap year trip. After the hustle and bustle of Bangkok and the cultural trading crossroads of Chiang Mai, we retreated to Chiang Dao to spend a week trekking and climbing in [...]
We couldn’t understand why our bikes were stopping on a steep decline. Had the brakes developed a mind of their own? Was the earth’s gravitational force shifting? Maybe we were being sucked into another time through an invisible wormhole? Time to put our imaginations away. We were being introduced to the ‘calmer’ East Coast wind with a [...]
I often wonder what made me long to wander, and more specifically, the moment I decided to stop dreaming, face my fears and just do it. I remember, even way before I set a foot or a wheel on a trail, I would glaze over at the mere mention of handbags. But backpacks? They intrigued [...]
Spread the love…..LIKE Chronic adventures on Facebook
- Warning: Your Travel Blog Could be Under Serious Scrutiny January 10, 2013
- Can You Take Kick-Ass Photos With a Point and Shoot Camera? November 8, 2012
- The Trials of Australia’s Longest Bike Trail October 16, 2012
- The Squeaky Clean Secrets of Jervis Bay July 7, 2012
- Scary Storms and Super Cell Freaks: Never a Dull Day in Queensland November 28, 2012
- Owwwwww….. How to Feel Good With Arthritis May 15, 2013
- Deeper Travel: The Enchantment of Carnarvon Gorge April 22, 2013
- Young People Show Their Budgie Power For Young Care March 24, 2013
- The Best Job in the World is Back March 6, 2013
- Moving, Getting Rid and Letting Go February 28, 2013
- Tracey | Chronic Adventures: I didn't know you had an accident Anita. So many ...
- Tracey | Chronic Adventures: Thanks Sarah, I really appreciate that and I hope ...
- sarah: great blog Tracey! from a person with chronic pain...
- Anita Mac: Love your attitude Tracey - you inspire me! My ac...
- Tracey | Chronic Adventures: Thanks Fiona : )...
Follow @traceycroke on Twitter